Learning is just one of the many ways COVID-19 has impacted our lives. School will look a little different this year as a result. Rest assured, your children’s safety and that of our staff is our top priority. Please know that we are here to address any of your concerns as we move through these unprecedented times. Feel free to reach out with any concerns. We are always here to help.
I am thrilled your children will be with us at VRECS! This year will be an exciting and rewarding learning experience for your child in a safe and nurturing environment. I am happy they will have to opportunity to make friends and learn through interacting with other children and their teachers.
Looking forward to a great year!
Maggie Nelson, Director
*Please read this entire document as it pertains to our daily learning practices and protocols.
INFORMATION FOR PARENTS
Pre-K3 classes beginning at 8:50am and 9:00am. (Enter at Bellair Ave Entrance)
Pre-k4 classes beginning at 8:50am and 9:00am. (Bates class main entrance, Paschalis upstairs entrance)
Transitional Kindergarten beginning at 9am. (Main entrance)
PLEASE REMEMBER TO BE PUNCTUAL!
- Children will use the first set of stairs heading to the second floor and ring the bell for entering
- The Before Care teachers will screen the children and adults at the door before the children will be permitted to enter the building
- Pre-K3 and Pre-K4/Transitional Kindergarten classes will be divided into two separate groups with 10 feet of separation between them
- Please use the first set of stairs heading to the second floor and ring the bell to pick up your child
- If the children are outside, please wait outside the fenced area to pick up your child
- **Please use the attached document at the end of the page to check your child for symptoms prior to coming to school
- Please line up social distanced along the entrance at your scheduled class time and not before
- Each child will be screened at the door for COVID-19 symptoms as well as the adult who is dropping them off
- Please note that any adult displaying symptoms may NOT drop the child off for school
- Please have your child use the hand sanitizer at the door before entering the school.
- REMEMBER to watch them rub the hand sanitizer in completely
- The teacher’s aides will be bringing the children into the building as no one except children and staff are allowed to enter the building
- All children will have their temperatures taken again in the afternoon
- Teacher’s will bring your children to their entrance for dismissal
- Please line-up social distanced while waiting
- We have implemented a masking optional policy that is subject to change
- Punctuality and attendance
- If a child or any other family member in the home is displaying symptoms of COVID-19 or any other illness:
- PLEASE KEEP YOUR CHILD HOME
- Alert the school of the situation
- Outdoor instruction will take place as much as possible and is at the discretion of the teacher
- Hand sanitizer will be used in all classrooms and administered by the teachers for safety of use
- Children will be socially distanced while eating lunch
- Sneeze guards on tables will be used when children have their masks off while eating lunch and for small group instruction
- Surfaces and toys will be sanitized before and after each use
- Only two children will be permitted at classroom centers at a time
- Children will be washing their hands multiple times throughout the day
- Bathroom procedures are as follows:
- Teacher’s will disinfect the bathroom after each use
- All teachers and staff are vaccinated for COVID-19
- The playground and gym spaces used by other classes throughout the day will be sanitized between uses
- All Classrooms will be sanitized every night using electrostatic sanitizing sprayers
- All light switches, railings, door knobs will be sanitized throughout the day
- At rest time children’s cots will be separated by at least 6 feet apart
- All cots will be labeled with your child’s name and not used by any other child throughout the school year
- Children will only interact with their two teachers and the other children within their individual classes
- All children upon entering the building will immediately wash their hands before entering the classrooms
- No parents will be allowed to enter the building.
All families are REQUIRED by the state to have at least one authorized pick-up person who is able to pick up the child within 20 minutes if the child is displaying any signs of illness.
** We will have strict procedures for if a child/staff member becomes sick during the school day.
- The child/staff member will immediately be separated from other staff members and children (with one staff member) until they can be picked up.
- That state and health department will be notified.
- The classroom and any areas where the child/staff member have been will remain closed for the remainder of the school day.
- The areas will be cleaned, disinfected and sanitized.
- The child/staff member will not be able to return to school until they are re-tested and are negative for COVID19. They will also need to follow the appropriate quarantine protocol.
- If a child/staff member tests positive for COVID19, all people who have been in contact with that individual will be notified.
- If there is a positive case of COVID19 in our facility, the state/health dept may decide to close the school for a limited amount of time, until it is deemed safe to reopen.
Here are a few things to keep in mind to make your virtual learning experience as seamless and rewarding as possible if we are at any point forced to move to virtual instruction for any period of time.
- Students should be present online with an adult
- Students should dress appropriately (just like you are in class)
- Find a quiet place that is conducive to learning (i.e., animals, television, music)
- Remain muted until there is a need to speak of answer a question
- Be respectful and appropriate
- Please refrain from eating or drinking on camera
- Remain in one place for the entirety of the lesson
- Do not share screenshots of virtual meetings where student or teacher images are displayed
- Chat should only be used for academic purposes
- Do not copy, alter, or redistribute conferencing videos
- Enjoy your learning experience!